Tuesday, July 16, 2013

CAS - WETLANDS

I know I say this all the time, but I have a new favourite stamp set - Stampin' Up!'s Wetlands.  I love the sketched feel and serene images, and of course, the lovely cursive script.  I think that pretty much sums up the whole stamp set!

I have been dabbling with my favourite technique, sponging, but am not quite ready to show you those efforts yet!  What a tease, right?!!  I normally struggle with CAS (Clean and Simple) cards, but this set lends itself to these type of cards beautifully.  Let me share a couple with you.......

Both of these cards have been created using just Whisper White card.  They are both also single layer cards with no embellishments.  I have used a Circle Punch to create a template for the card above.  I laid the template on my card and sponged in Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral.  I stamped the reed image in Early Espresso over the sponged circle.  I used the same colours in markers for the sentiment.

This card used a different technique - spritzing a clear block with water.  I ran different blue and brown  markers over my clear block, then spritzed the block with a little water before stamping straight onto my Whisper White card base.  Once that was dry, I simply stamped my image and sentiment in Early Espresso.  This card is perfect for the Just Add Ink challenge this week - #173 Just Add Water.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the bird card. What a nifty little technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew this would be a fab set of ours when I saw it ;) two beautiful cards, love them both, debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. There's ANOTHER stamp set I NEED!!! He he he.
    Love your cards Paula.
    Wrap up warm. Jean says it's been cold down there:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, these are gorgeous! You always inspire me with your sponging! One day I'll learn how to do it so that it looks good, LOL! I adore your second card, such a great effect with the technique! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards, but the bird card really packs a punch! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmm WOW - you are amazing! Both cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a) yes you are a tease ;) you'd better show us those sponged cards soon! and b) love the effect you got using a block to create that gorgeously atmospheric background for the birds. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous, love the cards especially the bird card it is so real!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Paula. Such crisp-looking cards with amazing pops of colour. Love, love, love the bird card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both your cards are simply breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How gorgeous your mini-landscape of the wetlands is, Paula! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥