Friday, June 2, 2017

JUST BREATHE - STAMPIN' UP! ARTISAN BLOG HOP

Welcome to a new Stampin' Up! Artisan blog hop!  You have probably just arrived from my friend Miriam van Eyden's beautiful blog or you may be starting here.  If so, hit the "Next" button at the end of this post to continue on the hop.


I am really excited about this hop for two reasons.  The first is that the 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! Catalogue is now live and I have featured a new stamp set!!  And the second is because I have gone back to my first love - creating scenes!  It has been such a long time since I have made a card like this and I totally enjoyed the process!

I am using the beautiful Colorful Seasons (new) and High Tide (carry over) stamp sets to create this gorgeous beach scene. And that sentiment is so lovely!  I just love the size of it!  Normally when I create cards like this, I use my trusty sponges, but this time I used the Stampin' Up Sponge Brayers.  They made quick work of laying down my colours.


I did feel a little rusty when creating this card and wasn't at all sure if my vision for it would work, but I love how it turned out.  Maybe I should do a video?  Apart from three layers of card, the only other embellishment I used was the Pearl Basic Jewels around that awesome deck chair!  I feel like I could just sit back and relax now with a Pina Colada!

Next up on the hop is my good friend Rochelle Blok.


Paula Dobson - You are here!

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please the current host code (in my side bar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

23 comments:

  1. What is most incredible about this Paula card is how the chair springs from the decor. It looks like it's real and you can sit on it and rest instantly. That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks for your lovely words Aurelie x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card! I can see why you enjoy making scenes, you are so very good at it :) And say yes to a video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a video is going to happen Tanya :-)

      Delete
  3. Your sponging is divine, my friend - I feel like I'm there! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! I don't think I've ever done a scene or at least not many, I'm going to have to try! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are fun to do Mindy! Have a go!

      Delete
  5. OH MY! Mind blown. I've sat and studied this card for a few minutes now. You are the master of scenery Paula. A true artist. This card is STUNNING! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you, my friend, are too sweet for words x

      Delete
  6. Paula this is absolutely gorgeous! I totally LOVE your beach scene! Makes me wanna go sit right in that chair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow! I can't even begin to put into words the amazingness of this card!!!

    You are on a different level with your sponging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss T, my number one fan, thanks foe your lovely words. Really something coming from my favourite card maker ♥

      Delete
  8. Paula, I just love this! You are the reason I also love to do scene cards. The first time I saw one, was yours. You are such an inspiration to me and yes! Please do a video on this one. I have the new sponge brayer but have not yet inked it up. I would love to learn how. Now....where's that Pina colada?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking like I have to do a video now, isn't it? thanks so much for the kind words Bobbi x

      Delete
  9. OMGosh, Paula, you are MY kind of artist! I absolutely love this card! C'est jolie!
    Hugs,
    Sharon Jones
    Louisiana
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Sharon! Glad you like it x

      Delete
  10. Wow! Your creation really pops off the page! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly breathtaking Paula. Love your sponging to create this beautiful scene. Jay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and for leaving you lovely comments xx

      Delete
  12. This is simply breathtaking! I feel like I am watching the sunset!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥