Thursday, September 14, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS - STAMP TO SHARE


We can never have too many Birthday cards, right?  Since I design for my family, and they need to have a stash on hand as well, it does keep me rather busy.  I am delighted that the Stamp To Share Design team are featuring the Happy Birthday Gorgeous bundle of products this month, as it helped my stash of Birthday cards grow!


I love that the bundle includes this amazing die font!  To create the ombre look, I simply sponged Flirty Flamingo ink from the bottom of the Whisper White card, letting it run out as I moved toward the top, and then I die cut it once it was dry.  So, so easy!
  You may think I embossed the background, but actually, I used one of the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and Embossing Paste to give this card front a raised, dimensional look.  This embossing paste dries so fast, making this a very easy card for a beginner to make!


My next card is a little more involved.  Even though it is all stamping, there is a lot of it!!  Thankfully the Hello Gorgeous stamp set is photopolymer, making it unnecessary to use a stamp placement tool.  You can see exactly where you are stamping!  I stamped a shortened front panel before slicing apart, creating a gap to stamp my sentiment in.  The stamped panels were then popped up on dimensionals to create another element of interest.  I just adore the Lemon Lime Twist colour peeking out from beneath!


Of course, I also carried my artwork and colours through to the inside making this card the "whole package"!  I have used the Iridescent Sequin Assortment on both of my cards for subtle embellishment.  I have found the Fine Tip Glue Pen is the best adhesive for sticking these little bits on my cards.

Next up on the hop is Caroline van der Straaten, who, I am told, is celebrating a birthday in just a few days!  Sssssssh!  You didn't hear that from me!


Amy Koenders - USA
Sandi MacIver - Canada 
Paula Dobson - New Zealand (You are here)
Barbara Becker - Austria
Moira McIlroy - France

All product used in these projects are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator! When you shop Online with me, please the current host code (in my side bar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can invite you to my exclusive VIP Facebook Group and thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

5 comments:

  1. Paula I love both your cards, the embossing paste white on white looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning cards! The embossing paste card with the ombre sentiment is gorgeous and I love the colors on your flower card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, I love both your cards, but that first one with the lovely embossing paste background and the watercolor sentiment, is over the top beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally delightful cards Paula, awesome CAS designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such stunning cards, Paula. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥